Enjoyable truths about solar energy are popular at any age. People desire major details about solar energy, but often, even the major can be expressed in fun realities.
Enjoyable truths about solar energy consist of things such as the fact that, in a single hour, enough sunlight reaches the earth’s surface area to satisfy the whole world’s energy needs for a full year. Imagine! That info originates from the American Solar Energy Society.
Here are some more enjoyable truths on solar energy.
12 Fun Facts on Solar Power
- As early as 1921, the Nobel Peace Prize was granted for tryouts in solar energy and photovoltaics. It was awarded to Albert Einstein.
- When silicon is taken from just one ton of sand and used in photovoltaic solar power panels, that silicon can produce as much electrical power as 500,000 lots of burning coal.
- In the U.S., there are more than 10,000 homes that get their energy completely from solar power.
- Nearly 200 years back, a British astronomer by the name of John Herschel cooked food with solar energy throughout their journey to Africa.
- California opened its very first big solar power plant in 1982.
- Solar power can cut water costs by more than 50 percent each year in a home where a solar design replaces the electrical hot water heater.
- The cost of photovoltaic (PV) solar power panels has actually dropped 200 percent over the last 30 years, according to the Department of Energy. Owners now pay between 10 and 40 cents per kilowatt-hour.
- A research study by the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE) revealed that solar power conditions were close to perfect (99 percent) in San Francisco on June 14th, 2000. On that day, 100,000 clients because the location lost power. Solar energy could have supplied all they required.
- Another USDOE research study revealed that the roofs of California’s city and county buildings if covered with solar PV panels, could generate 200 megawatts of clean electrical energy! Cover California’s school roofing systems with solar power panels, and you include 1,500 megawatts more to the state’s peak power supply.
- In California, covering every readily available commercial and industrial roofing with solar energy panels might create all of the electricity needed because of the state throughout the daytime.
- Germany is making the best usage of solar power, even though its environment consists of lots of cloudy days.
- It takes only about 8 minutes for solar power to travel from the sun to the earth.
Recommendation for school teachers: Have a contest to see which group of students can discover one of the most enjoyable truths about solar power.
Fun facts on solar power include things such as the reality that, in a single hour, enough sunlight reaches the earth’s surface area to satisfy the whole world’s energy requirements for a full year. That info comes from the American Solar Energy Society.
- A study by the U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE) revealed that solar power conditions were close to best (99 percent) in San Francisco on June 14th, 2000. Solar power could have offered all they needed.